Landscape Foreman – Ref #CTH-SMO or LAC-NT
Coordinated by The Career Foundation
- Job Title: Landscape Foreman - Ref #CTH-SMO or LAC-NT
- Location: North York, ON
- Job Type: Full-time
- Salary/Wage: $26-30/hour
**If you're already registered as a client with The Career Foundation, please submit your résumé and the access code provided by your Employment Specialist**
The Career Foundation is currently seeking a full-time Landscape Foreman on behalf of one of our employer partners.
Benefits to you:
- Group Health Benefits after probationary period
- Profit sharing
- Training, Personal Development, Employee recognition
- Chance to work on award-winning projects with an award-winning team.
- Work for a company that values a supportive work environment.
- Operation of hand tools and power tools, operation of heavy machinery such as bob cat, crane trucks, skid steer, excavators
- Review installation plans with project manager prior to work commencing
- Read construction drawings and translate that information onto the site
- Order all materials for the job in accordance with timelines for installation
- Foresee problems in design/construction and work with project manager to find solutions while crew is still producing in another area of the site
- Communicate with client on a daily basis and direct the client towards the project manager when changes are requested
- Complete the project within the budgeted time
- Keep the site and truck clean
- Train and supervise a crew of 2 on all jobs required on site as appropriate by their skill level/aptitude
- Enforce PPE and safety requirements of his/her staff
- Comply with Occupational Health & Safety Act regulations (foreman is legally responsible for the safety of his/her crew and any person on his/her site)
- Read through job packages thoroughly prior to commencing a job
- Manage LMN time, clocking crew in a timely fashion and adding notes and photos as required
- Fill out yard POs and circle checks on trucks/equipment, inspect and sign off on deliveries, and return all paperwork to the office on a weekly basis.
- Other duties as assigned – training and direction will be provided for all tasks
- Min of 3 years construction experience installing work that includes walkways, patios, driveways & retaining walls.
- Knowledge of hardscape materials and their installation practices, including concrete, engineered and natural stone.
- Can read and interpret scaled construction drawings.
- General knowledge of landscaping practices, such as softscape installation, pruning, soil work and clean ups.
- Good communication skills and an excellent customer service.
- Full G license with clean abstract and comfortable driving large vehicles.
- Ability to operate and oversee the use of motorized landscaping equipment is an asset
- Physically fit and can work outdoors in varying weather conditions.
- Flexibility to work long hours, starting work at 7am from Monday to Friday; along with occasional weekend work in the Spring and Fall.
This employer partner is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
*How to Apply:
Please forward your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with “Landscape Foreman – Ref #CTH-SMO or LAC-NT” as the subject. *If you’re already registered as a client with The Career Foundation, please also include the access code provided by your Employment Specialist in your email.
The Career Foundation offers a wide range of career and job-related programs. Operating out of seven locations, we now help thousands of people each year successfully accomplish their employment goals. Our services, which are available at no cost to you, include workshops, individual coaching, training opportunities, and more. Participation in these services may be suggested to applicants in order to improve their likelihood of employment success.
For more information, please visit our website at: www.CareerFoundation.com