Bookkeeping Associate - Ref# LAC-NT or #CTH-SMO
Coordinated by The Career Foundation
- Job Title: Bookkeeping Associate
- Location: Your Home Office
- Job Type: Full-Time, 40 hours per week
- Rate: $40,000-$50,000
The Career Foundation is currently seeking a full-time Bookkeeping Associate on behalf of one of our employer partners, Canada’s largest online Chartered Professional Accounting (CPA) firm serving customers in every province. A 70 Person remote team who works together through online tools like Slack and Zoom. A customer service firm first and an accounting firm second. Incredibly focused on serving customers and what matters to is not the cut of your suit but how you approach problems, offer solutions, and contribute to the team.
As a full-time Bookkeeping Associate, you’ll be an essential part of our team by ensuring that client financials are brought up-to-date quickly and accurately.
About the Role:
- Bookkeeping - You’ll support our client base by performing monthly bookkeeping and reconciliations in web-based accounting software (Xero), following up with clients, filing GST/HST returns, and generating reports.
- Support - You’ll quickly learn the accounting systems we use on a daily basis to offer high-quality technical support. With guidance from our team, you’ll be monitoring our support ticketing system and swiftly dealing with customer support issues.
- Documentation - You’ll develop and document bookkeeping workflows, which will be used by your colleagues.
- Future Mentor - There’s room to grow in this role. We hope you’ll want to act as a mentor to new team members and continue to be an integral part of process and workflow improvements at the firm.
- A certificate or degree in Bookkeeping or Accounting
- 2+ years of Bookkeeping experience
- Personable - You’re personable and have great communication skills. Your writing is clear and concise, but not robotic.
- Curious - You’re a really quick learner who can figure things out on your own and easily adapt to changes.
- Accountable - You don’t shy away from accountability. You like to get your hands dirty to get things done and take full responsibility to ensure the quality of your work is high and deadlines are met.
- Independent - You’re comfortable working from home. You can remain focused and diligent in an independent work environment (although we’re only a Slack message away).
- Techy - You know your way around a computer and enjoy researching and learning new applications.
- Interested - You have some experience with or interest in accounting, bookkeeping, and related processes.
Working with us:
- Keep learning forever - We hold weekly and monthly team calls, learning opportunities, in-person meetups, and provide immediate feedback to ensure we’re always learning from one another.
- Be treated right - We understand that the most refined work is completed in a respectful and collaborative environment. Negativity has no place here.
- Remote friendly - Want to head out on an adventure? Grab your laptop and head off on a workation - just make sure to take some pictures!
- Excellent benefits - Our generous benefits package covers everything from dental to massages. You shouldn't spend any time worrying about essential medical costs. It's covered.
This employer partner is an equal opportunity employer. We thank you for your interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
*How to Apply:
Please forward your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with “BA - Ref # LAC-NT or Ref # CTH-SMO” as the subject header. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
The Career Foundation is a not-for-profit organization that receives funding from the government, private sector companies, and individual donors. Our mission is to link the resources of private sector companies, education, and government to help all members of the community make the transition into employment.
The Career Foundation offers services at no cost to job seekers in order to help them reach their employment goals. Our services, which are available at no cost to you, include workshops, individual coaching, training opportunities, and more. Participation in these services may be suggested to applicants in order to improve their likelihood of employment success.